Parents Association News
Holy Name Primary School | Parents and Friends Committee
Like our Community Events Facebook page!
Holy Name Primary School has a very active group of enthusiastic parents that make up a committee known as the Parents and Friends. They are a fundraising and community parent and teacher group within the school. The PFC has two main aims:
- To support Holy Name Primary School objectives regarding education and student welfare through fundraising and community involvement.
- To increase family and community involvement in the school by social and fundraising events, and by welcoming and supporting members and their input.
Every parent/guardian of a Holy Name Primary School student is automatically a member of HNPFC Committee.
There are many other parents who are part of the P&F Committee – they attend the monthly meetings to share their ideas and viewpoints with other members, or some just come along to see what is involved and if there is any way they can contribute. Some parents simply like to be ‘hands on’ and support our many P&F activities such as Hot Food Days, Icy Pole Shop, Mother’s Day Stall, Father’s Day Breakfast, Grandparents/Special Friend Day to name a few. Holy Name students, like most students, love seeing their parents at school!
The Parents & Friends fundraising efforts are focused on outfitting school facilities with additional learning aids and equipment, in order to enhance the students education and learning at Holy Name School.
In the previous years the P&F have raised money to fund:
- Interactive whiteboards
- Student tables
- Playground soft fall matting
- Pole safety padding
- Computer notebooks
- Furniture for the school Interactive Learning Centre
- iPads and touch screen computers
- Sun shelter for the playground
- Free sunglasses to Prep students
The current PFC welcome parents to attend any of its meetings throughout the year.
Please check the school’s weekly newsletter for the dates of our meetings
Please note you don’t have to hold a P&F Committee position to attend a monthly meeting and toddlers and preschoolers are welcome!
Please contact Vicky Sartor, Chairperson, Holy Name’s Parents & Friends Committee (email@example.com) for any further queries.